GTA V seems to be holding off on the large expansions we expect from Rockstar, probably because they are busy porting it to PC and maybe even Xbox One/PS4?
The other reason is in game money! It’s fun and easy to earn cash but some people want it quick and pay real money for GTA $. This sort of DLC however small is actually profitable as £40 gets you $1.5 Million, which sounds like a lot but the recent Valentines DLC had a car which cost $750,000 so £20 for a 1 vehicle.
The only reason this isn’t the worst thing in the gaming world since the Season Pass is because for about 5-10 hours of good gameplay you can afford it with money you make in the game.
I love these content updates because more vehicles, especially planes are what keep the same old missions fun and give you something to spend your money on.
Tuesday 4th will bring out new sports cars, The Albany Alpha, Dunka Jester and Grotti Turismo R. A new plane (Above) called the Vestra, looks like a 2 seater but i bet it’s nippy. 2 new weapons with the Heavy Pistol (probably a Desert Eagle) and Special Carbine. Also some more Suits and glasses to make you look all pro and ting.
This weekend also marks the last chance to buy that really expensive car and all the other Valentines DLC, until next year probably.
The best thing about Valentine’s Day is of course free dlc. Like the Christmas themed DLC it’s limited to a few days. However the items will be yours to keep if you obtain them during the event. The DLC includes:
– 10 new jobs, including deathmatches, a new parachute jump plus fresh land, sea and cycling races.
– Gusenberg Sweeper tommy gun
– Albany Roosevelt 1920s limousine
– New suits and flapper dresses, “sexy undergarments” and masks, plus more novelty t-shirts and hats.
I prefer socks and sandles, each to their own.
Next week free DLC will be added to GTA on the 19th. It includes:
- “Grass Route II” (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- “Survival on Del Perro Pier” (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- “View of Vespucci” (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you’ve got skills, it’s possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- “Paleto Beach” (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake ’em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- “Sundae Driving” (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
Expect these and lots more Jobs to be added to Grand Theft Auto Online next week.
- New Vehicles – Hit the shore with four sand-and-surf-ready vehicles perfect to take on the all new Beach Bum Races and Vehicle Deathmatches: the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck, the Bravado Paradise beach camper van and making a special return to the GTA series, the fast and stylish Speeder speedboat. All four vehicles will be available at no in-game cost, with the land-based vehicles accessible from the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website and the Speeder available via docktease.com on your in-game phone (call Pegasus for delivery). These vehicles are also available in Story Mode for Michael, Trevor and Franklin to enjoy – to access them, visit your garage property and the Marina property for the vehicles and the boat respectively.
- New Weapons – Expand your arsenal with two new free weapons – the compact yet deadly SNS Pistol and the brutal new Broken Bottle melee weapon which is quite effective at delivering the appropriate message in up close and personal encounters. Each weapon will be available gratis from any Ammu-Nation location in GTA Online and will be added straight into each of the three characters’ inventory in Story Mode.
- New Customization Options – You’ll be able to deck out your GTA Online character with all new beach-ready customization options including stylish board shorts, neon surfer attire, wild tribal tattoos, shaggy hair for that West Coast laissez-faire vibe and more…
I do like free DLC but my view on GTA V is it should have been a launch title for Xbox One.